Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

The "Match the Garment to the Pattern" Game


Have you ever come across a hand sewn vintage garment that you could match to a pattern? I thought I had matched a garment to its pattern once, but I was wrong (and later found an ILGWU label in the skirt of that set).

The other day, while out thrifting, I found a pile of patterns and proceeded to rifle through them, choosing which ones would follow me home. After finishing that up, I took a peek at the dress rack in the shop, to see if there was anything fabulous on it. Lo and behold, there was a very familiar looking dress there...

In fact, there was a pair of them. 




I rifled back through those patterns I had just picked up, and found the match. It surely helped that the seamstress had taken the pattern illustration's color suggestion! 

Have you ever matched a pattern to a vintage dress in the wild? 

1 comment:

  1. How funny! I've never found the two at the same place, though I have been able to match up garments with their pattern. I once found a maxi dress that had a swirled skirt with half of it red and the other half blue dotted fabrics. I later spotted the dress with the same fabrics on a designer Vogue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping at Farmhouse Garden! I love to hear from you...